Buy the very Best Welsh Pork
There’s nothing better than mouthwatering Welsh pork when preparing a meal. If you fancy finding out more about taste bud tantalising recipes, click on recommended online platforms. There’s lots of interesting information provided by:-
- Specialist farmers
- Artisan producers
- Master butchers
- Culinary experts
There’s everything you need to know about from where to buy to healthy eating. There are even online directories to help you find your local supplier. All suppliers featured are proud to produce delicious, quality pork from pigs born and reared in Wales.
News and blogs
How are your New Year’s resolutions going? Just because you’re on a diet doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy tasty pork dishes which are full in flavour, warm and comforting during the winter months. Find out more about the nation’s favourite Welsh pork recipes like:-
- Sunday roast at its best – slow roasted pork shoulder with apples, ginger, treacle and allspice, wow. Pork and apple is a classic combination especially when roasting the two together. They create a mouthwatering feast which celebrates pork exactly how it should be.
- Pork, ginger and spring onion stir-fry – how about making this awesome meal? Stir-fries are ideal for those days when you want a tasty, filling meal and you want it fast.
- Lean pork chops with pak choi, a black bean and plum sauce – start off 2016 with a healthy well-balanced meal. Combine pak choi with lean pork chops and black bean sauce for the winning combination. This dish is nutritious and hearty, perfect if you’re beginning the New Year on a bit of a health kick.
- Roast loin of pork with sloe gin and walnut stuffing – OK turkey might be the traditional Christmas meal but pork certainly makes a refreshing change if you’re entertaining over the festive season. Roast loin of pork has a combination of cranberries, sloe gin and walnuts, sounds sublime. It’s a dish that captures the essence of Christmas perfectly.
- Pork cutlets with chorizo and shallot crust – try lean pork cutlets with a chorizo and shallot crust, just what’s needed for a cold, winter’s evening. When the chorizo is crisp and smoky, it will taste even more delicious when soaked in the pork juices. Serve with new potatoes, fresh greens and rich gravy for a wholesome meal that will have you licking your lips. It’s an appetising meal that everyone can enjoy.
Reasons to buy pork
There are many reasons to buy pork. It can play an important role in a healthy balanced diet and is high in nutrient density even in small quantities. Pork also provides a major source of protein. As most people know, protein is essential for growth, repair of the body and maintenance of good health. What a lot of people might not know is that pork is quite low in fat. Fully trimmed lean cuts of pork such as steaks can contain as little as 4% fat, surprised?